Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Twas the night before the election...

And I can't sleep.

But that's okay, because if I'm tired or hungry in the morning, I can re-stick my gently worn (since thursday) "I Voted" sticker on my shirt and head to Starbucks for free coffee, Krispy Kreme for free donuts, and Ben and Jerry's in the afternoon for a little free ice-cream/sugar-rush. Question: how many free cups of coffee can I get from Starbucks tomorrow? For the sake of my nerves, two is probably enough...

So tomorrow...

I'm pulling for North Carolina. I miss it and I'm so proud of it and it's "influx of new residence" for making it what it is today, a bona fide Swing State!!!

I'm stopping by my friend's house (conveniently located across the street from a fire station turned poling place) to sit in the yard, watch the crowd, and help him handout free beer from the keg they bought.

Teaching piano. Nine piano lessons, actually. Which I think is good. What better to get one's mind off polls, polls, polls, than children and music?

And in the spirit of anti-anxiety, going to sleep, and a much needed real "moment of zen", here is Schumann's Träumerei as only Horowitz can play it...interestingly, as an encore in Russia...a country Palin can see from her house...blah blah...enough is enough. Goodnight!



No comments: