Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Those are your hands? Those are your hands?"

It iced last night in Texas...

Other happenings in my day: I didn't have to teach this morning because school was canceled. I barely slept last night because I kept dreaming that I was dreaming the icy conditions and was actually supposed to be teaching. I checked my computer at 4am to be sure...and then again at 6am. Around 1pm today, I fell down. By that I mean I completely wiped out - flat on my ass - on a concrete sidewalk due to aforementioned icy conditions. Later, two of my piano students forgot about their lessons because they were out of school. This left me with an unexpected break. Instead of going to Starbucks to read, I opted for a nap in my car in a parking lot. I was then groggy for the rest of the day. Fast forward to tonight around 11pm. My upstairs neighbors were having some kind of horribly loud domestic dispute. I contemplated calling the cops but the cops arrived during my contemplation. I peered through the mini-blinds and watched the girl who lives above me get arrested. Handcuffs and everything! And the police carried out an enormous plastic bag full of drugs...of the pill variety...

Finally, I just crawled into bed and remembered that I had two really bizarre dreams this morning. In one, I was trying to solve a murder. In the other, I was rewriting sentences of my thesis and also selling fruit. I then remembered that I'm pretty sure one of my dreams continued from this morning to my car nap this afternoon. It was the same dream, but a different version that included things I was hearing on my radio (like Ira Glass's voice). Also, I'm almost 100% sure that I put a sentence in my thesis that I wrote in my sleep...or maybe half sleep...but I definitely had it in my head when I woke up this morning. I also just remembered that I fell down today and am already pretty sore.

Some days just seem a bit surreal.


No comments: