Thursday, October 23, 2008

I don't really want one, but they sure are entertaining. Or, things kids say to me in piano lessons...

Some conversations I've had with my piano students this week:

Sara (age 5): "Miss Katie, how old are you again?"
Me: "25"
Sara: "REALLY!!! My Grandma is 25!!!!"

Me (to Meagan, age 8, whose mom recently began taking lessons from me): "So, what do you think about your mom taking piano, too?"
Meagan: "It's pretty cool. She told me it gave her a new lease on life or something like that."

A little later in the same lesson...

Meagan: "What are you going to be for Halloween?"
Me: "Olympic gymnast Nastia Liukin"
Meagan: "COOL!!! You could do cartwheels for your trick when you go trick or treating!!! Wait, do you trick or treat on Halloween or just stay at home and give out candy?"
Me: "Well, actually, I think I'm going to a party with some of my friends."
Meagan: "Oh, that's cool. A fall festival. So you're gonna bob for apples and stuff?"

No comments: