Monday, November 10, 2008

I had really amazing French Toast at brunch today...

I just realized my last seven posts have been in one way or another about the election. So, here's a post that has nothing to do with politics:

I went to brunch today at Toulouse on Knox with my roommate. We ordered the most incredible French toast I've had in a while. It was "orange" French toast with maple syrup, warm mascarpone, and fresh berries. Indulgent? I'll say! Oh, and in the spirit of full disclosure, we actually ordered this as our "brunch dessert." We had both already had an entire amazing brunch meal to ourselves (she had eggs benedict and I had eggs over roasted potatoes). I've decided now that brunch should always include some kind of brunch dessert. If you just go ahead and plan on having brunch dessert, you avoid the whole "do I eat something sweet (i.e. crepes or waffles) or do I get eggs" dilemma. This, my friends, is what I call having one's cake and eating it too. Or rather, having one's eggs and eating french toast, too!

And one more quick thought...

Maybe brunch should also come with appetizers. Mini-pancakes or a small bowl of oatmeal, perhaps? Hmm...

No comments: