Monday, November 10, 2008

There are leaves in my yard...

Admittedly, the foliage in Dallas isn't much to write home about. This is especially true for me since "home" means Appalachia where, clearly, they've got the autumn leaves thing pretty much covered. But, this year I've got a decent tree in my yard (that's right, folks, I said yard!!!) and there is a decided crunching sound underfoot when I walk to my car. It makes me smile, and for some reason, chilly weather and falling leaves always makes me listen to Dylan. I've also been listening to Swell Season again. I feel there are certain songs/bands/music that are seasonal and Swell Season and Dylan are November for me. But I digress...

So, anyway, if you haven't listened to "The Times They Are-A-Changing" at least once this election season, you should:



Oh, and last Tuesday night, Dylan performed this live as the election results were streaming in at a concert in Minnesota.

"And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'."

No comments: