Sunday, January 18, 2009

The darndest things...

On Friday, one of my piano students was explaining to me that she had a long weekend coming up and wasn't going back to school until Wednesday. "Oh, really," I said, "That's pretty cool. Do you know why you are off school Monday?" "Um, well, Monday is Marthin...um...Marthin...um...I can't remember his last name, but it is his day. Not like, his birthday. It's not his birthday. It's just a day for him but it is pretty close to his birthday. Also, did you know that the president named Kennedy had a daughter and son and the son died and now the daughter is running for inauguration? Anyway, I get to have two sleep overs because of it."

All in all, I'd say she's pretty well informed about politics (if not also terribly confused) for a 6 year old.

No comments: