Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I never go to bed on time (or, ode to fast food chicken and beautiful men playing banjo)...

I never go to bed on time. Never. Ever. I'm not even terribly sure what time "on time" is, but I'm sure it has to be sometime before 3am. Especially when your alarm is set to go off around 7:30...

Anyway, the point of this post is actually to give you a little ear (and eye) candy in the form of a new video of an acoustic performance by the Avett Brothers (just posted on myoldkentuckyblog.com).

The Avett Brothers~Telling Time from LaundroMatinee on Vimeo.

Scott Avett has to be one of the best things North Carolina has ever given this world. Well, at least a very close third behind the first airplane and, of course, Bojangles Chicken 'n Biscuits. Actually, I could totally go for a BoBerry biscuit right now...or one of the cinnamon ones...oh man...a whole chicken basket is not a bad idea!

Now I'm starving.

Anyway, if you too suffer from insomnia and an insatiable appetite for cajun chicken biscuits, you should kill some time by watching the following clip. The second song they sing (around 7 minutes through) is my favorite ("things change and get strange with the movement of time...it's happening right now to you...down with the shine, the perfect shine, poisons the well, ruins my mind, i get took for a ride every time, down with the glistening shine.....")



And if you have never eaten at a Bojangles, get in your car right now and drive east young man, drive east. You won't regret it.

No comments: